It is dauntingly difficult to start your own business, the months on months on end of planning and still then wondering if it is the right thing to do. Running your own Business is so much different than being an employee, you need an entirely different mind-set if your new Small Business is going to succeed.
Here are a few tips
- Be Passionate about what you do – People pick up on that emotion and will rather buy from a person passionate about their Service / Product than someone who is indifferent.
- Start while you are still employed – Although not always possible, it is good to remember that it will be a while before your business shows profits. It is always a plus to have that extra income while you get your business off the ground.
- Don’t do it alone – You will need a support system, advice and to bounce of ideas to family and friends are off immense value. If you can find a mentor like Business Doctors, who give expert hands on support for new and growing businesses.
- Get Customers / Clients lined up from the start – Marketing your new business can never be done too soon. Do the networking, make contacts, sell your product / service / idea even before you officially start.
- Do your research – Become an expert in what happens in your industry. Know what companies around you do, know your competition. Ask the right questions.
- Always be professional – Always be professional in what you do, work ethics goes a long way. Get business cards clearly showing your contact details and what you do to hand out whenever engaging with new people. And be kind, a kind word goes a long way and you will be remembered for it. Always do that little extra to keep your customers happy.
- Most importantly, write a business plan – and commit to it. This will be the backbone off your business, the document that describes what you do, the future objectives and strategies for your business.
- Don’t let your fear rule you – stand back and take the problems one by one and change them into solutions. Business Doctors have a proven systematic program, to help you achieve this.
You will always have a partner in us, we don’t pitch we get into the pitch.